The Lead Technician will be key part of the team and play a pivotal role in our production scale-up.
The creation of this role coincides with us opening a new facility in Machynlleth.
The Lead Technician’s principle role will be operating and managing the various Additive
Manufacturing elements of the business. Additionally, they will be the team lead for all technical
aspects of bike frame production and assembly.
Note: prior AM experience is a significant benefit, but is not essential. Our priority is to find
the right person for our close knit team and we will provide full training for this aspect of the
- Setup, operation, and maintenance of the AM printers (subject to receiving training)
- Working closely with members of our small team to commission our new facility. This will
include physical equipment as well as processes and systems.
- Supervise AM post processing, frame assembly and associated processes. Note, although
you will principally oversee these processes, you will be expected to be hands on when
- Execution of company quality procedures and ensure compliance of finished product
- Recruit and provide technical leadership to the production team
- Continually look for opportunities to improve both design and manufacturing elements of the
products, and communicate these effectively with design team
- As a start-up company we anticipate a fast developing set of new opportunities as the
- Responsible for Health and Safety aspects of production operations
Ideal characteristics as one of the early members of this new team
- Diligent attention to defined process and procedure, leading by example
- Ability to work in a new, dynamic, athletic team-based collaborative environment where
priorities may shift regularly
- The ability to troubleshoot operational issues and relay information to the team
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined, with ability to work independently once tasked is key
- Good verbal and written communication skills, for both internal and customer facing
- Ability to enjoy a flexible work schedule
- A willingness to “do what it takes” to get the job done – as a company in scale-up phase there
will be unexpected challenges
- Awareness and commitment to health and safety and recognition of the importance of
creating and maintaining a very clean, controlled environment
- Time served Engineering Apprenticeship
- 3 years manufacturing experience
- Supervisor experience
- Basic understanding of machine tools (milling, lathe, drill presses, CNC) and heat treating
- Intermediate level skill with MS Office
- Experience in Additive Manufacturing or working with metal powders
- Experience working with Magics, QuantAM or other AM software
- Intermediate level skill with 3D CAD software
- Experience with SAP, Oracle, or other shop floor data management systems
- CAM experience
- CNC experience
- Experience in lean manufacturing
- Experience in writing standard work processes
- Experience completing risk assessments and maintaining Health and Safety best practise
- Enthusiast for the outdoors
Salary dependent on skills and experience.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community and strive for equality of opportunity.
Please email all applications including a full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org